The Hydrant Programme will:
- Improve the police service response to the safeguarding of children and investigation of child sexual abuse.
- Increase victim, survivor and public confidence in the police approach.
- Develop best practice advice and be a hub for specialist knowledge and expertise.
- Provide a learning, review and support capability that meets the needs of senior police leaders and investigators.
- Collaborate with other policing programs to enhance the support to forces, partners and stakeholders within the area of vulnerability.
- Maintain effective liaison with strategic partners and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the receipt of safeguarding referrals and reports of crime on behalf of police forces in the UK where this adds value.
- Coordinate the police service response to the IICSA recommendations.
- Provide a national analysis capability for child sexual abuse and other areas of vulnerability. Collaborate with other policing programmes and partners to develop a wider understanding of scale and threat.